Our lawyers serve a very diverse, French and international, client base, including family offices and high net worth individuals, particularly shareholders of privately-held companies and senior executives, on all of their strategic issues relating to tax.
The team has a proven track record enabling it to assist its clients on their wealth management projects:
- structuring of assets and investments, in a French domestic or international context, notably in connection with transactional matters (private equity, M&A and real estate);
- business succession planning (gifts, successions, pacte Dutreil);
- wealth tax on real estate assets (IFI) (previously the ISF wealth tax);
- issues relating to foreign trusts and foundations;
- tax litigation, including the criminal aspects;
The tax team works closely with the other teams of the firm, such as the Corporate team – for the governance aspects of family-owned holding companies and structuring of investments –, Employment – for questions relating to executive compensation packages – or Litigation. This flexible organisation means that lawyers from the firm’s different practice areas can work together when necessary so that matters can be handled efficiently and simply.